Fieldshare allows you to create custom templates to help you track a variety of data that might be unique to your business, projects or process. Only users with the Administrator role can customize templates for your organization.
To create or modify custom templates, click Settings, and then click Project Templates. Select the template you want to edit from the list. Any changes to project forms or templates will apply for all users and all projects in your organization that use that template.
There are seven forms you can customize:
- Primary Project Details - the most important information used to organize your projects, displayed at the top of each Project Summary. This data can also be searched, and some can be used in the Project Filter. Common uses include details like project types, phases, categories, classifications, project start or end dates, and more.
- Additional Project Details - secondary information about your projects, accessed from the link in each Project Summary. Common uses include details like site and facility information, contacts and addresses, legal and licence data, and more.
- Budget Information - details about each project budget, entered when adding or editing a budget. Common uses include details like AFE numbers, account codes, working interest, scope of work information, and more.
- Cost Information - details about each cost, entered when adding a Daily Cost Report or editing an individual cost. Common uses include details like cost types and categories, ticket and invoice numbers, contractor and vendor names, descriptions of work, and more.
- Task Information - details about each project task, entered when adding or editing a task. Common uses include details like, task assignee, start date, due date, and task description.
- Site Drawing Information (Markers, Areas, Lines) - details about each of the three types of site features drawn on the map. Common uses include details to identify and explain the feature, track its placement or history, or record associated scientific or technical data.
- File Details (Documents, Photos) - details about each file. Common uses include date a photo is taken, or additional information attached to a document.
- Project Forms - option to add different types of forms to track different information of a project (i.e: Daily Field Reports). In the template, add a new form, then drag and drop the types of fields you want into the form.
Editing Templates, Fields and Field Groups
In each template, you can add, edit, reorder and delete fields within the list to the left. To add a new template, click the blue “Add Template” button, give it a name and description, and use the “plus” symbols to the left of a group to open it up and allow new fields to be dropped in. To add a new field, drag the field you want from the box of “form fields” on the right into the group you would like to add it to on the left.
In the “Additional Project Details” box, you have the option to add fine details that are less frequently referred to but still important to the project. These will always be accessible from the “Additional Details” tab in the Project Summary but don’t get in the way of your big picture view. To add fields to your “Additional Details” section, first add a group by clicking the “Add Group” button, give the group a name and then start dragging Form Fields in from the right, just as before.
To edit an existing template, just click on the template and it will bring you to the same “edit” screen.
To reorder fields in a form, click the multi-arrow icon and drag the field up or down. (Note: reordering fields is not supported in Internet Explorer 9). Some fields are required by FIeldshare, and display a lock to indicate that they cannot be edited, moved or deleted.
WARNING: If you delete a field, all data that has been entered into that field, across all your projects (active or archived) will also be permanently deleted. Before deleting any important fields that might contain data, we recommended that you first export a project list from the Dashboard as a backup.
Types of Fields
- Short Text - Lets users enter single-line, text-based data
- Long Text - Lets users enter multi-line, text-based data
- Number - Lets users enter any kind of numerical data
- Currency - Lets users enter numerical dollar amounts
- Date - Lets users record a date with a day, month and year
- Choice - Lets users choose from a dropdown of pre-set options
- Weblink - Links to external sites
Each field can be customized with some important information:
- Field Name - a label used to identify the field
- Default Value - data to be automatically pre-populated in the field
- Hint Text - an explanation or instruction about the purpose of the field
- Required Field - whether users are always required to fill in the field
- Number Type - (for Number fields) whether to display a decimal
- Choices - (for Choice fields) the list of options available to choose from
- Use As Filter - (for Choice fields in the Primary Project Details form) whether the fields' values should be shown in the Project Filter